How Green are you?


Hi everyone, today I’m going to talk about my small grain of sand to contribute to the environment.
I learned about the care of the earth when I was a very young girl, because my school is recognized for being an “eco-school”. We have a solar panel for the electricity of some classrooms, water treatment plants, a lot of grass and trees, and the science department oversees teaching to take care of the environment with practices to contribute to “The three R's”. 


On Wednesdays after the day,teachers and students organized to find ways to help the planet, and I went a couple of times,it was very entertainig and I learned a lot.




I believe that taking care of the environment is extremely important, because this is OUR home, so I’m going to tell you my habits to contribute to the climate change. First, I move everywhere on bicycle or walks, because it’s healthy and I don’t have a car and any money (hahaha). Second, I eat meat once or twice a week, because I don’t it like so much, I think animals suffer a lot and the meat industry is the main pollutant on earth, so, this way I reduce my carbon footprint. Third, I get most clothes in secondhand shops, because the fashion industry is the second polluter on earth, and this evil industry exploits women and children to make clothes. Besides, because I really like clothes, I intervene jeans, jackets, sneakers, skirts and t-shirts and painted on them, so this is my principal way of recycling.

I think that people are very ignorant, because some people dont’t believe in the climate change (like Trump), so,it is very important to get informed, also the change is generated by you. If you want to get more informed, I recommend some documental about meat industry like “Cowspiracy” and the fashion industry like “The true cost” to become aware.





Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

My favorite subject:

My Favorite Cartoon Character

My future job